Tuesday, August 7, 2012

I know how to make time slow down...

Go spend a weekend on a gorgeous farm. That's the secret. Easy as that.

The owner of the place we are hoping to move to called us on Friday and said we were welcome to come spend the weekend there to see what it was like. So we packed up our things and high-tailed it out of the suburbs. And, oh, it was glorious.

Our cell phones didn't get service, and there was no internet, but there was an abundance of time to play in the crick (I'm trying to blend in with the locals), pick blueberries, read a book, play the guitar, and soak in the breathtaking scenery. We even had a semi-unexpected visit from friends. What a treat!

The owner took us on a fun bumpy drive all around their property. It was just beautiful. A farm and mountains... our dreams combined. I can't get over the kindness of the Lord.

We got a good feel for how long it took to get to town (I think we are starting to blend in quite nicely), to Costco and church. It feels further away than it really is. Although, once you're there, on the farm, you don't even care how far away it feels.


We had a great time. I am hoping and praying... Lord willing, we will call this place home soon.


I could get used to waking up to that view every day. None of us wanted to leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment