Tuesday, May 8, 2012

A fun day with my biggest girl

And Jonah, too. He was a beautifully behaved tag-along today. We kept him out too long while we were shopping and he didn't get a good nap, but even that didn't make my sweet boy stop smiling. *Sigh* He's dreamy.

I took Kaylin on a mommy-date today. She chose Red Robin for lunch and wanted to go to the dollar store afterward. Is she easy to please, or what?! We went to a consignment store and a few thrift stores also, looking for summer dresses and skirts. This post-baby body and I are having a hard time getting along. Thankfully we both found a few pretty things and came home happy.

I love seeing my girls' eyes glitter with happiness when they get a special date with Mom or Dad. They get all bubbly and excited; you can so tell their little love tanks are overflowing. Last time I took Makena out, we also went to Red Robin (girls' favorite, as I'm sure you figured out by now) and she kept coming around to my seat to give me a hug and a kiss. I pray and pray that my girls and I have beautiful relationships when they're grown. I hope we end up great friends. I just think they're the neatest little ladies already.

Over lunch, Kaylin told me all about her room she wants when we move some day. She is finding it a bit annoying lately having to share a room with her sister. I just smile; some day she will know how blessed she is to have siblings and they will have so many great memories.

Kaylin was looking through our city parks and rec magazine yesterday and found a duathlon she wants to sign up for. She has already started "practicing" and Daddy has been giving her running tips. For a girl who tends to be so quiet and reserved in most settings, she is also quite a go-getter. I absolutely love that about her. I am trying to be conscious about encouraging that part of her. I have some room for improvement there, for sure.

It was a fun day. I can't believe how big my sweet first-born is getting. I like her and I am happy we got that time together today. Jonah boy is ready to eat again so I better get on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment